Prayer Points, June 2015
“Take ye Heed, WATCH and PRAY: for YE KNOW NOT When The Time IS.” [Mark 13:32-42]
THE GREATEST CALL FOR THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST TODAY IS TO SOBER UP BY “WATCHING AND PRAYING”
1. THE RUNAWAY CHURCH [Jonah 1:1-17] [Jonah 1-2]
i. Hearing God
1. Positioning to Hear God [Habakkuk 3:1-3]
2. Watching and Prayer [Acts 13:1-3]
3. MIND OF CHRIST [Philippians 2:5-10]
ii. Obeying God
1. Denying Self
Jonah Hated the Assyrians but finally OBEYED
Peter was Biased of Gentiles but finally OBEYED [Acts 10]
2. Purity of Heart makes you SEE GOD [Matthew 5:8]
iii. Turning to God
1. FASTING WITH PRAYERS
JONAH; 3 days [In the belly of a Fish – HELL] [Jonah 2:2]
NINEVEH; 3 days [Animals and Humans]
2. Jonah REPENTED [Jonah 2:1-10]
3. NINEVEH REPENTED [Jonah 3:5-8]
4. GOD REPENTED [Jonah 3:9-10]
iv. Serving God
1. Jonah SERVED GOD!
2. DOING THE WORKS OF GOD [John 6:27-29]
v. Glorifying God
1. GOD HARVESTS PRAISE AND GLORY [Jonah 4:7]
2. JEUS’ MINISTRY [Acts 10:38]
NINEVEH REPENTS BY PRAYER AND FASTING [Jonah 3:5-10]
5 So the people of Nineveh believed God, and proclaimed a fast, and put on sackcloth, from the greatest of them even to the least of them.
6 For word came unto the king of Nineveh, and he arose from his throne, and he laid his robe from him, and covered him with sackcloth, and sat in ashes.
7, saying, Let neither man nor beast, herd nor flock, taste any thing: let them not feed, nor drink water: 8 But let man and beast be covered with sackcloth, and cry mightily unto God: yea, let them turn every one from his evil way, and from the violence that is in their hands. 9 Who can tell if God will turn and repent, and turn away from his fierce anger, that we perish not? 10 And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not.
2. THE MISSIONAL CHURCH [Acts 27:10-44] [Exodus 17:8-15]
i. On Fire for God
1. LOVES God
2. DEMONSTRATES God
Works of Grace
Works of the Holy Spirit
ii. Reaching Out
1. Loves Sinners
2. Obeys God
3. Works Faith
iii. Reaching In
2. PREPARES for the RAPTURE
PRAYING FOR AN OPEN DOOR [Colossians 2:2-4]
2 Continue in prayer, and watch in the same with thanksgiving;
3 Withal praying also for us, that God would open unto us a door of utterance,to speak the mystery of Christ, for which I am also in bonds
:4 That I may make it manifest, as I ought to speak.
PROPHESY UNTO THE DRY BONES TO ARISE!!! [THE WHOLE HOUSE OF ISRAEL] [Ezekiel 37:10-12]
10 So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived, and stood up upon their feet,
an exceeding great army.11 Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: behold,
they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts.12 Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD;
Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel.
3. THE SLUMBERING CHURCH [Luke 8:22-25] [Ezekiel 37:1-14]
i. Prophesying to the Church
1. Commanding Jesus to STOP Sleeping in the Storm! [Luke 8:22-25]
2. Commanding dry Bones hear the Voice of the Lord!
3. Commanding the Church to Arrest their Time/Season!
ii. Awakening of the Church [Jude 1:3]
1. Awakening the Church on the Perilous Times!
2. Awakening the Church to CONTEND!!! “Don’t you care that we perish! [Luke 8:22-25]
3. Awakening the Church to Arrest the Overcoming Power of God!
4. Awakening the church to COMMAND the Storm Still!
5. Awakening the Church to WALK and LIVE in God’s Power!
iii. Strengthening of the Church [Matthew 16:18-19]
1. Be Pro-ACTIVE
2. Be FAITH FULL!!!
3. Be Em-POWERED!!
4. Be BOLD!!! [Not Afraid!]
5. Be Violent – FORCE-FULL [Matthew 11:12]
iv. Infilling of the Church
1. Be FILLED with the Holy Spirit! [Acts 4:31-33]
2. Be Filled with God’s Unction!
3. Be God TRUSTING
v. Exploits of the Church
1. KNOW THE LORD JEHOVAH GOD [Daniel 11:32]
2. PURSUE Enemies of God!
3. BRING DOWN evil Dominions, Powers and Principalities!
4. CONQUER All Evil!
5. CAPTURE the Gates of Hell!
6. RE-POSSES what is Yours!
7. RESTORE GOD’S KINGDOM!! [SHALOM] [Luke 4:18-20]
Set the Captives Free!
Declare the Day of the Lord!
Heal the Sick!
Empower the Weak!
Restore the Broken hearted!
Preach the Gospel of Good News!
vi. Give God PRAISE [Revelation 5:6-14]
1. Glorify Jehovah!
2. Celebrating God!
3. Worshiping Yahweh!
4. Thanksgiving to God!
4. CHARGE TO WATCH AND PRAY NOW!!!!
1. Israel Watched and Prayed REBUILDING THE WALL even when under Threat [Nehemiah 4:8-10]
2. Moses Watched and Prayed FIGHTING THE AMALEKITES and they Won [Exodus 17:9-13]
3. The Church Watched and Prayed when challenged AGAINST MOVING ON [Acts 4:29-33]
WATCH UNTO PRAYER [FERVENT CEASELESS PRAYING]
[1 Peter 4:6-8]
The Command; “Take Heed, Watch and Pray for Ye know not when the Time is” can be applied to Three Church Contexts:
1. THE RUN-AWAY CHURCH: is the Church Running AWAY FROM its Commissioned Mandate – like Jonah did! [Jonah 1-2]
2. THE SLUMBERING CHURCH: is the Church ASLEEP and Needs to AWAKENED – like Ezekiel’s DRY Bones [Ezekiel 37:1-14]
3. THE MISSIONAL CHURCH: is the Church in MISSIONS WARFARE Needing Support – like Moses’ Lifted Hands! [Exodus 17:8-15]